AMERICAN HORROR STORY GET COMMITTED: THE ASYLUM PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR WIN. THIS IS NOT A GAME OF CHANCE. ENTRANT MUST BE A LEGAL ADULT 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrant must be a legal adult 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Entrant must be a legal resident of and physically located in the fifty (50) United States (includes District of Columbia). Employees of FX Networks, LLC (“FX” or “Sponsor”), GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, agencies, retailers, wholesalers, distributors, and promotional and other vendor agencies involved in the Promotion (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are NOT eligible to enter or win; nor are the immediate family members (parent, spouse, child, sibling) of such employees as well as members of the immediate household of such employees, whether or not related. Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. ADDITIONAL CRITERIA FOR ENTRY: Entry statements must show “Why do you want to be committed to the American Horror Story Asylum?”, “How do you react to fear and what scares you?”, and “How does being confined make you feel?”, in 100 words or less each. Entry statements must be in English and must be entrant’s original creation and should not include copyrighted, trademarked, or previously published material. Entry statement must include ONLY copy about the entrant, if applicable; no other individuals. Submission must not defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party’s personal, proprietary or intellectual rights. Submission must be consistent with the Sponsor’s brand reputation in the marketplace and must be suitable for audiences of ages 18 years of age or older. Entry statement cannot include or involve any of the following: obscenity, crude, vulgar or offensive language; violence, explicit sexual language; phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email or otherwise); website or web page links; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups or humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others. Entries containing prohibited content or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, or containing any other content, display, materials and/or images that are or could be considered infringing of third party intellectual property rights, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion will be disqualified. Entries that exceed specified word limits will be disqualified. Entries may be screened and those that do not meet the stated criteria above, or entries that (in the Sponsor’s sole discretion) may technically meet the stated criteria but do not reflect the intent and the spirit of the provisions related to participation, are not eligible and will be disqualified without notification by the Sponsor to the entrant.
4. JUDGING CRITERIA TO SELECT UP TO FOUR (4) GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: This is not a game of chance. Odds of winning depend on the number and quality of entries and application of the judging criteria. Entries will be evaluated based on the quality of their submitted statements and answers to the following questions: “Why do you want to be committed to the American Horror Story Asylum?”, “How do you react to fear and what scares you?”, and “How does being confined make you feel?”
Entries will be judged on a 100-point scale and evaluated as follows:
A maximum of fifty (50) points for creativity and passion shown for the FX American Horror Story Series in response to the question “Why do you want to be committed to the American Horror Story Asylum?”
A maximum of thirty (30) points for a clear and creative description of how entrant reacts to fear and what scares the entrant in response to the question “How do you react to fear and what scares you?”
A maximum of twenty (20) points for a clear and creative explanation of how entrant reacts to being confined in response to the question and “How does being confined make you feel?”
All entries will be judged as they are received by GMR, an independent judging organization. In the event of a tie, the entries involved in such tie will be re-judged by an additional judge designated by the Sponsor, who will select a winner that best reflects all criteria as a whole. Up to four (4) entries will be selected as potential Grand Prize winners. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than four (4) potential Grand Prize winners if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.
5. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Up to Four (4) Grand Prizes: A trip for winner and one (1) guest to a U.S. location to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor on September 28, 2012- September 30, 2012 to be committed to the American Horror Story Asylum. Grand Prize includes (i) round-trip, coach-class airfare for winner and one (1) guest (from the major airport nearest winner’s and/or guest’s physical place of residence at time of entry as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion); (ii) two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations in one (1) double occupancy room (hotel to be determined at the discretion of Sponsor; does not include meals, room service, or other incidentals); (iii) attendance at the American Horror Story Asylum Experience for Grand Prize winner only; (iv) ground transportation between the airport and hotel and the hotel and the American Horror Story Asylum Experience; $500 spending money awarded in the form of a gift card for Grand Prize winner only; $200 spending money intended to be used for meals, incidentals, etc. awarded in the form of a corporate check payable to the Grand Prize winner only. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize goods and services identified above is $4,150.
Any federal, state or local tax obligation or other expense that the winner may be liable for is the sole responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Grand Prize winner for the actual value of the prize received. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local income taxes and any other taxes associated with the Grand Prize. Sponsor will comply with all applicable tax reporting requirements. Actual value of Grand Prize may vary based on point of origination and airfare fluctuations. The Grand Prize winner and guest must possess required travel documents (e.g., valid government-issued photo ID) prior to departure. If the Grand Prize winner resides within three hundred (300) miles of the U.S. location to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, alternate travel arrangements may be made by the Sponsor and/or the Grand Prize winner and value of prize adjusted accordingly, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Grand Prize winner and guest may be required to travel together from the same airport. The Grand Prize winner must plan trip with Sponsor and travel September 28, 2012 –September 30, 2012, or Grand Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. Travel arrangements are to be determined and are subject to availability and some restrictions may apply. Travel is subject to airline schedule changes. The Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for meals, taxes, gratuities, incidentals, travel upgrades, fees, service charges, surcharges, insurance costs, other ground transportation, and all other expenses not expressly specified herein.
If, for whatever reason, the American Horror Story Asylum Experience associated with the Grand Prize is cancelled after the Grand Prize is awarded, then Sponsor’s liability for the Grand Prize is limited only to the non- Asylum Experience portion of the Grand Prize. No compensation will be paid in lieu of the cancelled American Horror Story Asylum Experience.
Grand Prize consists only of items specifically listed as part of the Grand Prize. Certain conditions and restrictions apply. Grand Prize is nontransferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prizes of the same approximate retail value for the Grand Prize or any portion thereof.
6. GRAND PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential Grand Prize winners will be notified by e- mail/phone to the e-mail address/daytime phone number provided by the potential Grand Prize winner during the entry process on or about September 14, 2012 by GMR. The potential Grand Prize winner must complete, sign, and return the presented affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release, assignment of rights, and appropriate tax documents (the “Documents”) within three (3) calendar days of delivery of the Documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Further proof or verification of identity and qualifications may be required along with a background and/or records check. Failure to oblige will result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify a potential Grand Prize winner for any of the following reasons: (a) non-compliance with these Official Rules; (b) in the event that a Prize notification is returned as undeliverable or prize is declined; (c) a criminal background check or other information indicating a history or trait considered by Sponsor to be unacceptable in a Grand Prize winner in this Promotion; (d) information showing that the Entry was defective or failed to comply with these Official Rules and select an alternate potential Grand Prize winner based on the next highest entry score, time permitting. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period may, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. The Grand Prize winner may designate one (1) guest within three (3) calendar days of delivery of the Documents. The guest must be 18 years of age or older. In addition, at the same time as the Grand Prize winner completes his/her Documents, each guest must sign and return a liability release and publicity release. Once a guest is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except with Sponsor’s permission. The Grand Prize winners will be announced and listed on www.AHSAsylum.com on or about September 24, 2012.
Subject to applicable law, Grand Prize winner irrevocably grants to Sponsor the right to use and publish his/her proper name, city and state of residence, likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by Grand Prize winner regarding the Promotion online and in print and in any other media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide, in perpetuity, in connection with the Promotion and for advertising and promotional purposes, without additional compensation or notification including any video content captured by the Sponsor at the American Horror Story Asylum Experience.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s and guest’s names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or notification.
7. ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: By entering, entrant grants to Sponsor an irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable right to exploit the content of his/her entry in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity for editorial, educational, promotional, publicity, advertising or any other purpose on behalf of Sponsor or its affiliates, respective licensees and assigns, partners or media without further compensation unless specifically prohibited and entrant explicitly acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor reserves the right to publish any or all content of entry, entry statements with or without first and last name credit to the entrant; and entries that attempt to restrict this right will not be considered. Grand Prize winners hereby irrevocably assign to Sponsor, its successors and assigns, any and all rights, title and interest that Grand Prize winners may have in any of the materials prepared in connection with Grand Prize winning entries, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trade secrets, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, whether now known or hereafter to become known, for the respective maximum terms of protection available throughout the world. Grand Prize winners shall execute at Sponsor’s request such assignments and other documents as may be necessary to confirm or enact this assignment or any grant of rights set forth herein. By submitting an entry, entrant explicitly acknowledges that his/her entry statements, first name, city, and state can and may be posted on www.AHSAsylum.com for viewing.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS: If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, disruptions caused by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause that corrupts, affects or compromises the administration, security, fairness, integrity, proper conduct or intended play of the Promotion Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, and select the potential Grand Prize winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to that time. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any individual whom Sponsor or GMR deems responsible for or related to actual or attempted disruption of or interference with the Promotion or its intended operation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, theft, lost, failed, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, likes, or votes, including any erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or Internet Service Provider (ISP), computer equipment, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problem or traffic, congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are ineligible and will be disqualified, as will any entrant involved or benefitting there from. All entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Grand Prize winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: BY ENTERING, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION MAY INVOLVE BEING SCARED AND THAT THE ACTIVITIES INVOLVED MAY BE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS. ENTRANT VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ANY AND ALL RISKS, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATION OR ANY ACTIVITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION OR OTHERWISE. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT REPRESENTS THAT ENTRANT IS IN GOOD, STRONG PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL HEALTH AND THAT ENTRANT DOES NOT KNOW OF ANY REASON WHY BEING SCARED, FRIGHTENED OR TERRIFIED WOULD LIKELY ENDANGER THE ENTRANT IN ANY WAY. By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Promotion and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Promotion, interpretation of the Official Rules or awarding of a prize shall be resolved by Sponsor or GMR whose decision shall be binding and final. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS AND TO VOLUNTARILY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, WAIVE AND RELINQUISH ANY AND ALL ACTIONS OR CAUSES OF ACTION AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES AND EACH OF THEIR PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, SERVICE AGENCIES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES OF ANY OF THE ABOVE ORGANIZATIONS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LIABILITIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE AND WRONGFUL DEATH) RESULTING IN ANY MANNER DUE IN-WHOLE OR IN-PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO THE ACCEPTANCE, USE, OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the entrant’s Official Online Entry Form by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of the Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In no case will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. All entries are the property of Sponsor and are not returnable.
10. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the Grand Prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by November 14, 2012 and received by November 21, 2012 to: American Horror Story Get Committed: The Asylum Promotion Winners’ List, Attn: Promotions Department, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
Sponsored by FX Networks, LLC, 10201 West Pico Blvd., Bldg. 103, Los Angeles, CA 90035.
Promotion is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.